Appium Studio Connect with Eclipse and Cloud devices for Mobile Automation:
Appium Studio is a plug-and-play version of Appium testing which is scalable to any size per your needs. The Community Edition of Appium is absolutely free.
Appium Studio makes Appium testing much better and smoother than before. It enables faster delivery of high-quality mobile apps, as it cuts down the cost & effort of developing and executing an Appium based mobile test automation program.
There are three key features making up the Appium Studio test automation framework:
1) A development tool for visual testing, providing users with the features like device reflection and object spy, to aid in the writing of quicker, more robust tests, etc.
2) Simple, fast set-up and installation.
3) The execution engine – this adds a robust, stable engine to the Appium that is designed with the mobile testing environment in mind, allowing for out-of-application tests as well as parallel execution.
1) Quick & Easy setup
- Clicks installer & simplifies hardware requirements.
- This enables you to get started with the automation projects very quickly (within minutes).
- Supports both Windows and Mac machines.
2) Easier iOS Testing
- iOS and Android devices can be connected to both Windows and Mac machines.
- Automated registration for Apple devices to developer accounts.
3) Improved Test Coverage
- Performs Appium testing outside your app (both iOS & Windows).
- Performance testing with the real-world.
- Supports testing for all the application types – native, web or hybrid.
- Allows testing customized UI elements.
4) Great Reporting Capabilities
- Auto-generated HTML reports. PDF and XML Reporting is also supported.
- Shortening the feedback cycle with detailed reports.
5) High Re-usability
- Executes your existing Appium tests
- Runs tests developed with Appium Studio on any Appium tool.
6) Saves time – Simple development & execution of robust tests
- Creating stable tests quickly and leveraging Object Spy and XPath.
- Intuitive UI.
- Automation project boilerplate.
7) Seamless CI/CD integration and Parallel Execution
- Pre-configured Out-of-the-box web and mobile device grid to support large-scale execution.
- Real-time view of test execution status, and on-device reflection.
- Reports and insights into the issues.
- Hands-free automation directly from CI.
- Executes multiple CI projects in parallel
Installation and Set up
STEP1: Register in Appium Studio official Website
STEP2: Download Appium Studio and install it
STEP3: Open Appium Studio and click on Add Device
STEP4: Connect Physical device with USB cable
STEP 5: Go to Settings in our physical device and click on developer options
STEP6: Enable the Developers Options
STEP7: Click on Device
STEP8: Download the files of Device USB Driver for the connected Mobile by selecting the name
STEP9: Install USB Drivers in your system
STEP10: Connect physical device to Appium Studio
STEP11: Click on Start Record Button
STEP12: Perform all the actions as per Test case
STEP13: Stop the recording
STEP14: Code will be generated in Appium Studio under Column of Code
STEP15: Copy the Code.
STEP16: Create a New Maven Project in Eclipse, Add class name as FullPlate.java
STEP17: Paste the code which is copied from Appium Studio
STEP 18: Download Appium Studio from Eclipse Market place
STEP19: Register in Seetest using https://seetest.io
STEP20: Login into Cloud by providing valid credentials
STEP 21: Get Access key from Cloud in your profile section and copy the code
STEP 22: Click on Cloud Configuration Icon in Eclipse
STEP 23: Select SeeTest.io radio group and enter access code and verify connection
STEP 24: Click on Project and select the Configure then select Mobile Nature. Basic Code will be generated in Package
STEP 25: Select Cloud Option in Eclipse and connect preferable device
STEP 26: Upload your mobile application in Applications module and Install
STEP 27: After installing the application in your device click on Dump UI option to copy the screen of device in your workspace.
STEP 28: Save objects in your repository by clicking on Add to Repository which is highlighted below
STEP 29: Copy the Xpath and paste in your code as following